I found Damn Delicious’ recipe for a lightened up version of Chicken Broccoli Alfredo over the weekend. We’ve been snowed in since Friday, but I had all the ingredients on hand (thankfully), so I made it for lunch today. Fabulous! The lighter sauce (all cream in other recipes but part milk and part chicken stock in this one) was just as flavorful and satisfying as the the full fat version, without the food coma afterwards. The recipe says it’s 4 servings, but this could totally feed a family of 6, IMO. You want to bulk it up, add a salad and a loaf of crusty bread. This recipe is dinner party worthy!
You know me, I rarely follow a recipe to the “T”, and this was no exception:
- I didn’t have rotini, so I used penne
- Instead of 2 chicken breasts, I used 5, small boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Wegmans Basting Oil instead of olive oil
- I don’t buy unsalted butter, so I used salted
- And I added more Parmesan cheese (but I’m not willing to admit to how much more)
I highly recommend this dish and am adding it to our dinner rotation!